So this morning we woke up and Penner needed to get out of our room, so Sean, Penn and I went for a walk downtown Seward. We go for lots of walks, but it is just so beautiful outside that it seems like a waste staying in. We went to the shops and looked for an ornament to buy. We found one that we both really liked, but we did not like the price so we passed it up. I did not want to pend $25 on a glass ornament that there is a good chance Penner would break. We went into this really cute shop of handmade scarves and mittens and hats. There was a lady working at the counter who brought her baby to work with her. The little girl was probably about 1 yr old. And she was just enamored with Penner. She crawled up to his stroller and then just stood there looking at him trying to grab his face for like 15 min, eventually Penner got sick of this and kicked her in the face! Poor little girl, she didn't even see it coming, either did I. Good thing she had a layed back mom, we could have been in trouble. I don't think he meant to hurt her, I think he was just trying to get her to give him some space, at least I hope.
Later on that day we went to Exit Glacier. We hiked up the mountain to the glacier. It was a very nice hike. A little bumpy and Penn fell asleep! Sean carried Penner in the hiking back pack on the way up to the glacier. We were all in our rain gear because it was pretty rainy and chilly today.
Fell asleep within the first 5 min of the hike.
Family photo, too bad Penner's sleeping.
Mountains everywhere! Isn't God amazing, look at His Creation.
We made it to the Glacier.
Erik, Brittany and Chicago.
My turn to carry Penner.
Penner thought he needed to use the walking stick. Outside the nature center there was a board with Velcro on it with the times of different walks and talks stuck to the Velcro. Penner thought it would be fun to switch some of the times around.
We were starving by the time we got back in to town, so we went to the first restaurant we could find with reasonable prices. They really liked puffins, they had like 10 pics or paintings of them, just in our corner of the restaurant. And then a ton more in the rest of the restaurant, we all thought this picture was especially funny, Puffin in outer space.
I think Penner ate french fries every single day we were in Alaska. Anytime we went out to eat he had fries. With all of his food allergies it is hard to know what is safe for him to eat. In Chicago I know certain places or things at certain food places that are safe, but we did not have that luxury there. So he ate a lot of french fries, I don't think he minded.
Then we went for yet another walk, but this time it was really rainy. Penner decided to try to get into this person's house. Good thing the door was locked.
We played at the park with the "TOT LOT" one last time before we leave tomorrow. Swinging on the swings.
Then we went back, I cooked us some white bean, chicken chili with avocado! While I cooked Sean was on baby duty! He is great with little boys and babies.
I love Seward, we had so much fun here, it will be sad to leave tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment