Here is Penn with his cute blue nalgene I bought him.
He fell asleep for his nap curled up on the couch. Had to take a picture, so cute and peaceful.
I also took a picture of Chicago's room. I like his name on the wall!
Brittany squeezed on the shoes we sent them for Chicago, but they were kinda tight and Chicago started crying so I snapped a pic and then she took them off.
We headed out to see the job sight that Erik used to work at. He was helping build a timber frame house up on top of a mountain. It had a beautiful view. And we saw moose on the way back! A mama moose and her twin baby moose.
That night before we left we went to the Glacier Brew house for dinner. I had freshly brewed cream soda, it was delicious. We had made reservations which was a very good thing because they were packed. On the bottom of their menu, it said let us know if there are any allergy restrictions, I was relieved to see this, thinking they would be helpful, I was wrong.
Our server was extremely rude. I saw that there was pasta on the kid's menu and realized that this was probably the only thing Penner could eat. I was so excited because Penn loves pasta! I asked our server and she said they used egg to make the pasta so that was a no. I asked her what other options they had and she said she didn't know and offered me a gluten free menu. A gluten free menu would be perfect if Penner was allergic to gluten, but seeing that he has no problem with gluten and his allergy is to dairy and egg, the gluten free menu would be no help. So I saw that there were chicken tenders on the kids menu and asked if we could do a grilled chicken kids meal instead. She looked at me like I was speaking to her in a different language and then told me the chicken tender already came battered. At this point I was getting aggravated. I told her if she could not do grilled chicken then there was absolutely nothing on their menu for my son to eat and asked her what she suggest we do. Her answer was for me to get him a side of veggies, obviously she is not a mother! I was so frustrated at this point I had nothing else I could say, but to let her know that my 18 month old son probably would not be happy with a side of veggies for dinner. She left and came back to the table about 10 min later and suggest grilled chicken for Penner like it was her idea! I was so angry but I just said yes that would be fine and let it go. I understand that most places are not going to accommodate allergies, but this was a nice, expensive restaurant, not a Denny's and they said they would be helpful on their menu! They should really educated their employees better.
Anywho, it was very busy and loud in there. Penner was being a monster. We don't go out to eat with him very much. It is hard to make a toddler sit still through a meal at a restaurant especially if it is super loud. I decided to take him for a walk. We were downtown Anchorage and I still needed to get an ornament. I finally got the one I wanted and it was not easily breakable and only $2.50, perfect! After our walk we went back to the Glacier Brew house and we were all ready to leave.
On our walk back to the car Sean took some pictures of Penner playing on some rocks and next to a big sun they had in downtown Anchorage.
This was our last day here. It was hard to say goodbye to our friends and to all the mountains. But we were also very ready to be back home. It is always sad and happy at the same time to end vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment