They gave Penner some crayons and a kid's menu to color on. This kept him occupied for maybe 2 min.
Then he decided to check out the menu to see what he wanted.
Then Penn started crying because he wanted to walk around. They had toys in this restaurant which was nice so this toy kept him occupied for about 5 min.
Chicago just fell asleep sitting with his dad.
Then after about 5 min of playing with that toy, Penner started crying again so we let him sit next to us in the booth. He looked like such a big boy! It was nice to have him sit right in between us so that we could catch the things he was throwing on the floor and stop him from spilling all the drinks close enough for him to reach.
Erik's breakfast probably had about 2000 calories in it. He was very excited!
After breakfast Erik went to Kaladi brothers cafe (Alaska's version of Starbucks, even though they have Starbucks) to work on some youth pastor stuff. And Sean, Brittany and I went for a walk along the coastal trail. It is so nice to be near the ocean and mountains at the same time. The air was so fresh there. It just seems like the air is cleaner here. I liked to take deep breaths of it!
Oh yeah, It is also our anniversary today!!!! 4 years! It has gone by so fast. We celebrated with a sushi date while we were still in Chicago. That was a good idea because it did not feel like our anniversary today in Alaska, there was just too much to see and do.
I just love them both so much!
This mountain is named the Sleeping Lady.
Walking along the coastal trail with our babies! The weather was very bipolar today. It was really cold and windy one minute and then the next minute the sun would come out and I would be too hot for my sweater.
This guy was hilarious! He was hiking passed us huffing and puffing with a huge pack of stuff and weights hanging from his pack. He sounded like he was about to black out and looked like he was going to live in the wilderness. I had to sneak and get a picture.
The coastal trail was very nice and beautiful. But in order to go back to the downtown area from the trail, you have to go up and very big and steep hill. Brittany and I pushed our strollers up the hill and decided that would be our workout for the day. Sean was with us and offered to push for Brittany, but ended up just watching us push them up the hill.
Then we did some touristy shopping in downtown Anchorage. I still need to find my souvenirs. There were a lot of ornaments that I liked but I still did not decide on one. We did however, pick up a mug from Kaladi brother's coffee house.
When we got home Erik, Britt and Chicago took a nap and Penner, Sean and I took a walk to the park.
Penn kept running up the steps and going down this slide head first. I would have to watch him go up the steps and then run around and catch him at the bottom of the slide so that he would not land on his face.
Then we walked a little further to a pond/lake where dogs were allowed to play off the leash. There are beavers in the water and we saw one. We were walking and Sean was telling me about how they have beavers and that the beavers attack the dogs there. Right after he told me that we saw one! I am always loud here. Whenever we are walking outside in a slightly forested area or on a mountain, I am always yelling. I want to make sure that a bear does not come anywhere near us. Sean and Erik like to make fun of me for it, but I would rather look dumb than have any of us malled by a bear.
We went to Erik and Brittany's church that night. Erik is the youth pastor there and he asked Sean to speak to his students. So we went for the junior high group tonight and tomorrow Sean will speak to the high school students. They have a huge field to run and play in, Penner loved it. All the big kids were running and playing and Penn wanted to join in.
Penner loves to kiss Chicago.
They had a very nice nursery that Penner and I played in while Sean spoke. I would have loved to hear Sean speak but I thought that a screaming 18 month old would be too distracting for junior high students.
After a long day of outings and fun, we all slept very nicely.
Happy anniversary Sean, I love you and I am very grateful to have you as a best friend and husband!
No comments:
Post a Comment