Monday, August 8, 2011

Alaska day 2

So when we woke up Penner decided to invite himself into Erik and Brittany's room and in front of the computer. He climbed up onto the chair and kept asking for Elmo, who he calls "Melmo." I had to take him out and close their door so that he would stop going in. And then when I closed their bedroom door, he decided to keep banging on it and asking for "Melmo."



They put Chicago down on his little play mat and Penn ran over layed on him and kissed him. He didn't realize Chicago was just a baby because they were practically the same size. Today was a slow day, we ran some errands and then pretty much just stayed in.


Brittany had some clothes to drop off at Once Upon a Child, basically a Plato's Closet for infants and kids. Sean said we had to take a picture of Penner with a gun since we were in Alaska.

There were more Elmo's then I have ever seen in this thrift store. So we took some pics with "Melmo."



After that we needed to go to the grocery store. We are kinda a pain to cook for because we don't eat egg or dairy. So Sean and I wanted to make sure that we cooked a few meals ourselves and helped out with the groceries. Everyone says that it is more expensive in Alaska, but there rice milk was only $1.50 compared to around $2.50 to $3 here. And there coconut milk was only $2.50! The last time I bought coconut milk here it cost me $4.23! And they have no tax in Alaska. I could not get used to paying the price that was marked. It threw me off every time! I kept taking out extra cash and change to prepare for the tax. However, going out to eat was a lot more expensive, like $4 for a hot dog, not including fries. I am glad we made dinner a bunch because eating every night would have put us in debt.

Had to take a pic of precious Chicago before Penn jumped on him again.

When we got home from all the errands we were pooped. Penner woke Sean and I up at 6am that morning, he was still adjusting to the time change. So we were very tired. I put Penn in his pj's and we played for a little bit. He loved playing with all of Chicago's things.

Lounging in his bumbo.


Playing in Chicago's car seat.
It was a pretty layed back day today. It is nice to have a relaxing day after traveling, but I hope we are more adventurous tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment