Saturday, August 13, 2011

Alaska day 7!

Today we went to Seward. We are going to stay here for two nights! I have been very excited about this because everyone I talked to about Alaska loved Seward. It was a two or three hour drive there, I wasn't paying much attention. Penn got a little fussy but watching Elmo and Veggie Tales on the portable DVD player kept him occupied for quite some time. He started putting the screen right next to his face, and that is when I turned the movies off. He stayed up the whole ride, I thought for sure he would fall asleep, but there was probably too much going on.

We stayed at the Orca Inn, it was  pretty nice. Right next to the ocean and mountains. But pretty much anywhere you go in Seward, you are close to the ocean and mountains.

After we unpacked all of our stuff, we decided to get some coffee and then go for a walk. Penner and Chicago were yet again matching. Sean found them these matching Columbia fleeces at a thrift store. They were only $1 each, couldn't pass that up!

Here's Penner all bundled up in August and ready to go for a walk.

Chicago too!
This is the view from where we are staying!

We went to Resurrect Art Cafe for some coffee. It was an old church building that they turned into a coffee house, it was very beautiful. But it was also very expensive. I have to get soy milk because of Penner's very sensitive dairy allergies and they charge 75 cents for soy milk everywhere in Alaska, bogus!

Erik and Brittany were very excited to have coffee. After a long drive we all needed a little pick me up.
We took a family photo shoot in front of the ocean and mountains. We got a bunch of really good pictures, I would like to put them all up here but I know that would drive some people crazy. I try my best to cut down on the amount of pics, but it is always a challenge.

I love the pictures we got of Penner! He just sat there for a few minutes and enjoyed all of the attention we were giving him for his photo shoot!


I love this picture because Penn's cheeks look so chubby and his head is bigger than those people down there.



As we were walking along we saw an otter just playing in the ocean. He was very cute and playful.
Group shot, I love self timer!
Funny faces!

Walking down closer to the water. I put my hand in and I was surprised that it really was not that cold. We got an even closer look at that cute otter, but sorry no close up pictures because I did not bring my camera down there.

There was a very cute park that we played at for a little while.
At this park they have a "TOT LOT" which is for kids ages 2-5 y/o. It was so cute, I could just let Penner run around and play with out following him closely and worrying that he would jump off the ledge or ladder of the playground.


When we got back I tried to get some pictures of Chicago and Penner in their matching outfits, they came out ok. I guess getting good pictures with a 18 month old and a 5 month old is not an easy task.
Penner just loves climbing on top of poor, not so little Chicago and giving him kisses.
They were holding hands for a little bit. Couldn't quite capture it.

No comments:

Post a Comment