Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Eve 2011!

We had a pretty low-key New Year's Eve. Sean's sister Megan invited the family over for a sleep over. It was nice to spend time with everyone. And Penn loves to be with his family. Megan and Steve live in Elgin so it is about a 30 min drive from us. Penn slept for the ride and then woke up as soon as we got there. I knew this was going to be a problem, and 30 min nap on a day where we all stay up late, we were in for it.


Eating tacos!
I made a taco salad.
mmmm..... I love guacamole.
Penner and his glasses, he loves those glasses.
The guys went for a long walk around the lake. When you live in the burbs, you get the luxuries of lakes and a lot of land.

I love this picture of Penn and his Nana, so precious!
Our last picture of 2011!
The last family photo of 2011!

Megan and Teresa, Sean's sister and mom.


It was around 8pm, Penner's normal bedtime and he was starting to get very crabby. It was definitely time for bed. He got these Elmo jammies for Christmas they are so cute. He matched with his Papa. He was not really happy about bed and he was going a little overtired crazy. If your a mom I am sure you know what I am referring too. So I put on a Sesame street in hopes that he would settle down.
Here he is with his juice watching Sesame street.
It didn't work as planned. It still took me about 2 hours to get him to sleep. He kept screaming, I think it was hard for him to go to bed in a new place and it was hard knowing everyone was still up. He is very particular, we have a way of doing things before bed, a tub, two books and then I lay with him and hold his hand until he falls asleep. When that routine got shaken up, he was a mess! It was a fun New year's eve, but after I put Penn to bed I was pretty exhausted. We stayed up and watched Saturday night live and the New York countdown, but when we were a minute away from our countdown Penner woke up again, it only took my about five minutes to put him back to sleep, but I missed the countdown. New year's is different with a family and child, but I love it! Even when it takes two hours to put Penner to bed because he is having a meltdown. I would still choose to spend my New Year's with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment