Sunday, October 9, 2011

Kuiper's family farm....

Sean and I were very excited to take Penner to a pumpkin patch and apple orchard. However, we learned that high expectations are not always met. We went to this farm looking forward to nothing less than an amazing experience. Well it turned out that we did not have the time we had hoped for. I did however, get some good pictures out of the experience.

We got to the farm at around 1pm and I guess we were supposed to meet in the city with a group of friends around 1pm and then head out to the park, it was a misunderstanding on my part. So we were waiting for like an hour (which Sean was happy about because he got to listen to the bears game in the car) before we decided to go into the pumpkin portion of the farm. This was the first downfall of the farm, the apple portion and pumpkin portion were across the street from each other. And each one had a separate fee! To get into the pumpkin patch and other festivities like a corn maze and petting zoo, it cost $11.75 a person!!!!! To get into the apple orchard to pick apples it cost $7 a person. This was too expensive for our budget, but because we had driven an hour and a half there we decided to pay to get into the pumpkin portion (there was more for Penn to enjoy there).

He enjoyed playing with this life-size chess game for like 2 min.
He loved playing in the corn. Instead of sand boxes they had corn boxes. We got very dusty from the corn. If there is dust all over our clothes in the following pictures it is from the corn.



Then Penner went down this slide a few times.



Apparently I had dust on my behind for the rest of the day and my wonderful husband did not think it was an important thing to make me aware of.
Having fun on the spider web.
Getting up close and personal with this chicken. I kept telling him that it was what they made chicken nuggets from and he was very confused.



Sitting in the hay. These pictures are bringing back some fond memories.

Here is where the real issues started. We went to the petting zoo, and the animals were so full that they were not eating any of the food we bought for them. Penn had no fear whatsoever when feeding the animals even though all of them were bigger than him. We were having fun petting and trying to feed the goats until Penner saw the tail of a goat wagging and went for it. He missed the tail and hit the goats butt (I know disgusting)! And within a second the goat jumped around and charged him, it head butted Penner in his belly Penner fell to the ground and cried. He was not that hurt just startled. None the less, I was not a happy camper! We went to the front and asked for a refund, the lady gave us 1 ticket refunded. And when we told them about what happened with the goat, they laughed. Which I can admit now that it is pretty funny, but at the time when I had a crying child and I myself was still a little startled, it was not funny. I was happy they gave us one ticket refunded and knowing that Penn did not get hurt, I can look back at it as a crazy and humorous memory. It was like it was happening in slow motion, I saw Penn reach for it's tail and I yelled "no...don't touch it's butt," I can't help but laugh about it now. I am glad that Penner did not get hurt, I am also glad that the goat head butted Penn and did not kick him. It was an eventful day, and I am glad to be home.


No comments:

Post a Comment