On Wednesdays Penner and I get to spend the whole day together, just the two of us. It is always an adventure. Today we invited auntie Isa to come to the zoo with us. It was a beautiful day outside.We went straight for the family play zoo and let Penner play wherever he wanted. It was a perfect day for the zoo, it was so nice out and all the kids have just started school so there was no one there. It was the emptiest I have ever seen Brookfield zoo. Penner spent some time watching the Lemurs play. He kept barking at them, he thinks every animal is a dog. We dressed him up in a Lemur outfit and got some picks. Apparently Elizabeth really liked the Lemurs as well.
Then we went to the face painting. I was trying to make Penner a spotted cat or dog, but I only got one spot on him, and his whiskers were a little messed up. He still looked super cute. He loved having the face paint on he kept looking at himself in the mirror.
When I ask him what the cat says he always sticks out his tongue (more like a lizard than a cat). I was trying to catch a pic, but I just missed it.
Then we spent some time with Penner playing zookeeper. He was putting the food away and sweeping up.
We let him run and play in there for about two hours. We had so much fun, he got to pet a gecko, cat, and guinea pig. There was a rat out to pet, but I would not let him pet a rat, that's disgusting. After all that play time Penner was pooped and fell asleep on the ride home.
No comments:
Post a Comment