Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Zoo with dad!

Almost exactly one week later and we are at the zoo again! This time with Sean instead of Elizabeth, sorry Isa. We got free tickets to pet the stingrays with our family membership so we decided to do that before it got to cold out. We got to the zoo at about 10 am and I love getting to the zoo early because all the animals are still active in the morning. When we first walked in we walked passed the leopard who was walking right next to the glass stalking the children. It would keep looking up. I am pretty sure it was trying to figure a way out and make us it's lunch. We didn't stay there for too long because it freaked me out.

So we went to the Stingray Bay. It was pretty cool. Sean and I got to pet sting rays. Poor Penner his little arm was not long enough to reach them. We have two more free ticket so maybe next May his arms will be long enough. They were very slimy. It was fun, but I am glad the tickets came with the membership, I would have thought it was a waste of money if we payed separately for it.

                                     You can kinda see a stingray in there.
Penner and daddy walking in the zoo!

We also went to the children's petting zoo. This area a barn with farm animals. Penner fed goats. He really likes the goats but they were kinda big so he was also a little afraid of them. And he got to pet a little chick it was so cute.

Look a cute little frog!

We also went to the family play zoo. Penner kept calling these play eggs balls and throwing them all over the place.
                                                               I'm hatching an egg.
After the zoo, Penner took a nap and then we went to whole foods before our small group gathering. They had watermellon Agua Fresca! Sean and I had it on out honeymoon in Mexico and have not seen it since, it is so good.
                                             Penner liked it too! He kept yelling for more juice. 
Then we had small group. We had some new people there and it went really well. It was super encouraging. I love out small group it is always refreshing. Penn comes with and everyone is ok with him there. He is a little bit of a distraction, but it is so nice to be part of this group and not worry about getting a sitter every Tuesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment