Well I started the day out with good parenting and ended it with good parenting, but I lost it a little in the middle. We woke up ate breakfast and got dressed. Then we headed to the green city market for some fresh fruit. I really wanted more donut peaches because they were delicious last week, but I guess they are gone for this year. So we got some white peaches and honey crisp apples. Honey crisps are my favorite type of apple. Here's Penn in his little umbrella stroller and the fruit.
Ok I know what your thinking, the zoo again! Yes, the zoo again. So I spent $3 on one hour of parking and then only took 10 minutes at the farmer's market. I thought $3 was way too much to pay for 1 hour of parking to begin with I could not leave after 10 min. We were right next to the Lincoln park zoo so we headed in for a little bit. I have not been to the Lincoln park zoo all summer because we have a membership to the other zoo. The Lincoln Park zoo is free admission, but because of it's location it is like $20 to park there. We were there with our $3 parking and 50 min left to kill.
We started in the Gorilla exhibit, I have not seen it since they redid it, so I was excited to see the new exhibit. Look at Penner and the Gorilla, just glass away from each other.
We walked around for a bit, and our last stop was the lion house. I always feel bad for the big cats in this exhibit because their cages are so small and inside. Hopefully they get to be outside at some point. I know it is not a very good picture (I was not allowed to use my flash), but the lions were walking around and eating, they are huge!
Ok here is where the bad parenting begins. McDonald's for lunch, I know, don't judge me. For all of this time I thought that Penner couldn't eat their food because of one person I asked that worked there about a year ago. But I just looked on the website a few days ago and they don't have any dairy or milk in their chicken nuggets or bread! This would have been very helpful to know a long time ago. Ever since I found out we could eat there I have been wanting to go. So Penn and I had a very unhealthy, but delicious date of McDonald's chicken nuggets and french fries. It doesn't make much sense that I went shopping at farmer's market and then ate at McDonald's for lunch. But Penner loved it, of course. And it was nice to have a lunch date just me and him.
Then we got into the care and Penner started dancing to the 103.5 kiss FM station that was on the radio. And instead of changing it I just let him listen to it with me and took a video of him dancing. He is so cute, I don't know where he learned to dance like that. So McDonald's and kiss FM. Don't worry I got my act together after that. But I am sure we will eat at McDonald's again and listen to kiss FM again together.
I was boycotting McDonald's for a while, I may start again. But it is very nice that Penner is not allergic to their food, although it is unhealthy for him in other ways he can still breath after eating it, which is always a plus. We were both getting sick of our subway dates.
No comments:
Post a Comment