Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Busy Aquarium!

Beautiful Chicago. I love this city.

So my family from Arizona came in and they wanted to take a trip to the aquarium. I used to love the aquarium, but now that I am a tax (very high tax) paying Chicago resident I am beginning to hate the aquarium. We went during the "free" admission week and so did every other person in Chicago I think. We stood outside in line just waiting to get into the aquarium for an hour and a half. I know ridiculous. And then once we were in there It was packed full of people. Anytime we wanted to go look at some fish there was already a crowd of like 20 people there and we would have to wait for them to move. And supposedly it is a free day but parking cost $19 and then we were only allowed on the main floor of the aquarium. We could not go upstairs to see the sharks or in the back to see the dolphins, penguins and the beluga whales that would all cost extra. How much extra $26 per person!!!! The aquarium is a rip off, I will just stick to the zoo, I can see dolphins, fish and penguins there!

We took pictures outside by the fish fountain. This was about an hour into the wait. There were red winged black birds all around there and apparently they attack people! My sister got beaked in the head by one, but no blood so that was good. There were a few kids that got attacked as well, they are crazy birds!


One positive about the aquarium is that they have a mother's room. Penner was going crazy with all the people, he just could not handle the crowds. He was having multiple meltdowns and I saw on the map of the aquarium that there was a mother's room. So Miriam, my sister and I took him in there for some cuddle time. We stayed in there for about 20 min and it was so helpful, he was 100% better after some alone time with his
mommy and auntie Miriam.

Then we went to the bathroom right next door and there was a step stool for the kids. He loved it, he felt like such a big boy up there. Penner is very independent so whenever there are things for him to do on his own, he is a happy kid.

After some cuddle time with mommy we went back out into the crowds and I put him back in the stroller. He fell asleep within 5 min of being back out there It was great. He slept the rest of the time there and for the entire ride home!

No comments:

Post a Comment