Thursday, June 23, 2011

17 Months!

I probably say the same thing every month, but time seriously flies by! I am going to try to remember the cute new things Penner is doing this month. He changes so fast it is hard to remember everything.

  • He calls his belly button a "belly butt" and now sometimes he just calls it a "butt." He likes to see every one's belly button even if that means pulling their shirts up to get a look, not very polite.
  • He has 11 teeth! Teething has been a painful process, I will be happy when they are all in.
  • He has all those teeth and it is always a fight to brush them. I have to hold him down and make him open his mouth to brush them, I am hoping this will only last for while he is teething.
  • He loves Elmo and calls him "malmo." We watch youtubes of Elmo singing and Penn loves it.
  • When Penner dances he likes to spin in a circle and lift his hands in the air.
  • He loves taking baths, but apparently hates the pool :(. I was really hoping he would like it but if it is not a baby pool, he cries "no wa wa!" the whole time we are in one.
  • He loves his Uncle Noah and calls him Yaya which I think is very cute, when we pull up to my parent's house he always gets very excited and yells "Yaya!"
  • He loves to go for walks, he is a little explorer and very independent.
  • He says "aww man!" and "oh yeah."
  • He gets really excited and tries to run around, but he usually falls and laughs.
  • He hides behind his hands and then opens them and says "boo"
  • If he sees anyone doing push-ups he tries to mimick them (pretty funny).
  • He sings to himself in his crib when he is falling asleep.
  • When he is stinky and I ask if he has poo poo, he smiles and laughs at me. When I ask and he is clean he says "no" and nods his head no for a while.
  • When he sees his shoes, he says "shooz" and tries to put them on.
  • We have to watch him closely when we are outside because he likes to eat small rocks, we found a few in his diaper the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment