Thursday, December 16, 2010

uh oh!

Uh oh! Penner's first word (because I don't' consider mama and dada as first words). I think that I am going to have to watch him like a hawk. He is so adventurous and curious. He gets into everything! I am trying to teach him to listen to me but usually when I say his name sternly and tell him "no no" he crawls faster away from me and toward the thing I was trying to keep him from.






For instance I told Penner, "no no, don't pull on that cord." He pulled anyways,the cord is attached to a wooden box that holds are phones, chargers and keys, and the wooden box falls right on his nose. I have never seen him so upset. It must have really hurt. I saw the box falling but could not catch it in time. It was sad, I wanted to cry as much as he was. I am going to have to get used to him getting hurt. I am doing a lot better with falls, but this was his first real boo boo and it was sad. After like 3 min of crying he forgot all about it and wanted to play again. He had a bloody nose for like 30 sec and I thought for sure he would have black eyes, but to my delight no black eyes for Christmas, just a scrape on his nose.



No comments:

Post a Comment