Thursday, December 16, 2010

Short!

Life is so short. I feel like God is constantly reminding me that each day is a gift. Sometimes this reminder is very painful. This week I found out that a lady I work with passed away Friday night. She was very healthy. I just worked with her on Friday and that night she had a brain aneurysm. Life is a gift.

James 4: 13-17

"13Come now, you who say,(U) "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit"— 14yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For(V) you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. 15Instead you ought to say,(W) "If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that." 16As it is, you boast in your arrogance.(X) All such boasting is evil. 17(Y) So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin."

I want to remember that each moment is a gift from God and I don't want to abuse that gift. It is so easy to be angry and act like God owes us more time, and it is very difficult to be grateful for the time we are blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment