I love the beach! It is one of my favorite places on the earth to be. And in Chicago, Foster beach is one of my favorites. It is usually the cleanest (which honestly is not saying much) and the lifeguards don't stop you when the water hits your knees. They let you go deeper. Which I enjoy. I know some people think it is gross to go in the water, but I almost always do. We have taken Penn to the beach once before but did not go in the water because it was still pretty cold. So this was his first true Chicago beach experience. He loved it! However, he was not a huge fan of being barefoot in the sand. I took his shoes of and he kept saying "shooz" and pointing to his shoes until I put them back on him.
It was such a weird day. The beach is probably 10 miles away from our house, and by our house it was 97 degrees and humid and sunny. But at the beach it was at least 10 degrees cooler and there was a fog covering the water and the entire beach. The lifeguards would only let people stay in the very shallow water because they could not see anything. I thought it was a good move, I have witnessed someone drown at this beach before and with all the fog they would not be able to see if it happened again.
Sean and Penn walking to the water. Do you see the fog?
Penner loved the waves it was so cute. He gradually went deeper and deeper until the water was up to his waist and then he was happy playing in the waves there. He found the wet sand interesting, he would pick it up and throw it at Sean. I am glad he picked Sean to throw it at and not me! The waves would crash into him and he would laugh and smile and yell "wa wa," it was so cute.
One wave was a little to big for him and it knocked him over into the water. He swallowed a bunch, which is disgusting, I hope he does not get sick. He was not happy and he cried a lot. I think he was scared more then actually hurt. He needed some cuddle time with his mom and then he was all better.
My friend Audrey had this little shovel and she let Penner played with it. He kept burying himself and everyone else in the sand. This kept him busy and happy for a while.
It was getting hot and we had small group that night so it was time to leave. Walking to the car holding my hand. He is such a precious boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment