Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Getting creative!

So Sean and I are part of a small group gathering every Tuesday night. We always bring Penner and most of the time he is a monster. Screaming, crying, destroying our friends' house. So last night Penner fell asleep on our way to their place. We knew that waking him up and bringing him in was just asking for a cranky baby. So we got creative. We took him out in his huge graco car seat and put it on his stroller and wheeled him over. Sean could have just carried it in, but our friends live in a very busy neighborhood of the city so we had to park about a block away so we decided the stroller would work out better.
Here Sean is wheeling him towards Chicago Ave. We looked ridiculous! But it worked!
Here's Penn sitting outside the apartment building while Sean went to put the stroller back in the car. People were staring at me like I was nuts. Oh and to make it better he is barefoot. Every time he gets in his car seat he takes his shoes off and I was not going to risk waking him up by putting them back on.


Allowing him to have a long nap payed off. Sean and I got to have a peaceful dinner with our small group and when he woke up he was full of joy. He was especially excited when Katrina got this exercise ball for him, Penner likes to call this giant ball "ball, ball." I guess the bigger ball deserves saying "ball" twice instead of once.

No comments:

Post a Comment