Penner is 16 months! I missed the 15 month post so I will have to include everything here. I understand that it is a lot to read, and I am not offended if you don't want to read through all of this post. These update posts I write for myself so that I can look back on it and remember all the cute things Penner did at each age.
- In 18 month clothes now.
- says a lot of words, I will try to remember them; "hallelujah" "bye, bye" "hello" "hi" "da da" "ma ma" "more" which he used to say very cute, but now he whines it; he says "Na Na" and points to himself. He points to himself because his Na Na always points to him and says "Penner" and points to herself and says "Na Na." He says "pa pa" and rubs his head. He says "door" or his variation of door when he wants to go downstairs or outside. He says "juice" "no" "nur nur" "ba ba" for bottle, he says "Annah" my sister's name, and he says "Luke" Sean's brother. He points at things and says "what's this?" he says "mine" which I hate! "ball" and for big exercise balls he says "ball ball!" "Hot" which he says to anything that is hot, cold, or remotely different from room temperature. He will only eat food at room temperature.
-He sings and dances whenever there is music on. He sings "la la la" and dances in a circle.
-He has 9 teeth. One of them was a molar which made Penner a beast for about 2 weeks. Not fun.
- I ask him if he wants to eat and he puts his hand to his mouth and chews.
-I ask if he wants to brush his teeth and he puts his fingers to his mouth and moves his head back and forth and makes noise.
-He can point to his head, ears, eyes, nose, mouth, tongue, belly, toes, and hands.
-He barks whenever he sees a dog.
-He licks his lips when he sees a cat, I don't really know why except that in his one book the picture of the cat has it's tongue out.
-He says "cheese" and smiles for the camera, even though he has never eaten cheese and doesn't know what it is. He must think the camera is cheese.
-He is always really happy when I come home from work, he gives me a big smile, and a hug and kiss. It is so sweet.
-He likes to go for long walks. He will pick dandelions on the walk smell them, give them to me and then kiss my hand! I love it.
-He likes to smell flowers whenever they are in the house and lotion whenever someone puts it on.
-Wears size 4 diapers. And size 5 shoe.
-He loves taking a bath, and I am excited to see how much he loves to swim this summer.
-He loves to watch yo gabba gabba (just the songs), elmo, and the opening song of veggie tales. I am hoping he will sit through an entire episode or movie by August, we are going to Alaska and it is a 7 hr flight. I apolagize in advance to all the people on that flight!
-He is becoming a better sleeper but it is a lot of work. He still wakes up at least twice a night! I can not remember the last time I have had a full night of uninterupted sleep.
I love you descriptions of his actions, especially the one about him licking his lips when he sees a cat. I hope you, Sean and Penner are well, and we are pumped to be with you this summer. Sean said you love Palin, so we will have to get arrested stalking her when you guys come up. We miss you and we are praying for you family and the road ahead.
ReplyDelete