We have a friend that lives in Iron River, MI. It is like 7 hours away all the way north, it is pretty much across the street from Canada. I was nervous about the drive up there and how Penner would do, but he was such a good boy! I guess he likes Road trips.
When we finally got into Iron River we were all starving, but because it is such a small town there was only this little pizza place and McDonald's open. I personally was fine with McDonald's because even though it is unhealthy, Penner is not allergic to most things on the menu here. Nobody else really wanted McDonald's so we went to the pizza place, I thought it would be fine because they would have fries and Penner could just eat fries for dinner. They did not have fries! They had pizza and foot long hot dogs. We got Penner the hot dog, but asked for it not to be foot long. Pizza and hot dogs are much better in Chicago, I wouldn't recommend going to Iron River for them. I still feel bad that Penner had that nasty hot dog. I am very picky about the type of hot dogs he eats because the nitrates are bad for his intestines. And with Sean's health history Penn's intestines don't need anything else to hurt them. I only buy him all beef, nitrate free hot dogs, so I still feel bad about that gross one.
At the pizza place there was this shooting game and Penner and Adeline kept going over to play with it. Adeline knew exactly how to hold that shotgun! And Penner was so funny, he kept saying "oh, I missed."
We finally got to our home for the weekend. I was expecting normal camp-like accommodations, but our cabin (which was more like a house then a camp cabin) was very nice. Adeline and Penn put on their pj's and brushed their teeth and finally went to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment