So all month I have been thinking about the fact that Penner is going to be 1 in 3 days! I just can't believe it. Everyone tells you that the time flies but I never knew how fast until now. I am just so grateful for Penner. I never knew that I was capable of having so much love for one little person, but apparently I am.
I think about when he was 6 months old and we could have lost him because of his epinephrine overdose. I think about what a sad time it could have been. But praise God! Penn is alive and it is a very happy time.
I am throwing Penner a big party. I made the party bags last night for the kids, I think they are cute and fun. We are having the party in a room at church because there is just not enough space for everyone in my little house that I love. I think that there are like around 65 people coming, but I have not done a final count yet. I know there are a lot of people, but most of that is family! I am very excited for this party! Sean and I love Penner and we can't wait to celebrate him being with us for a whole year.
So for the party we are having sub sandwiches from Walmart, which is a great deal. You get these 6 foot sandwiches with 4 lbs of meat for a very good price. And when Sean went to Walmart the other day to drop off the order he saw that they use no preservatives or nitrates in their lunch meat, which is a big deal to me. Nitrates are really bad for your intestines and Sean already had those type of issues so we don't need to make Penn's chance of those issues any bigger. For the sub sandwiches all the cheese will be on the side (allergy friendly), and we will have a vegan birthday cake (no egg or dairy), pasta salad with no cheese, chips, and I found chicken nuggets that have no dairy or egg, which is very exciting to me. So this will hopefully be an allergy free zone. I will probably have to make an announcement before we eat that if people are going to have cheese or mayo, not to touch Penn with it or kiss him with it on their mouths and to watch their kids about the same thing. I honestly would like to not have any cheese or mayo at all, but people like it too much. And yes Penn is that sensitive to these allergies, if someone eats a piece of cheese and then kisses him he will break out in hives, and the last thing I want on his birthday is for him to have an allergic reaction.
Yesterday I got a lot done for his party because I have work today and tomorrow. I did the party bags, did all my last minute shopping for the party, Sean got the order in to Walmart, and I organized the decorations. I also made a meal for a friend from church who just had a baby, it was a pretty productive day. It is hard because I can not start decorating until the day of the party so I will have a lot of work to do, but I am very excited for it. Oh, and I also made two collages of pictures of Penn. Growing up my mom always made a collage of pictures of us and a birthday chair, so when we woke up it would all be there. I am happy to keep the tradition alive.
Well I think that is all for now, I still have to finish my Christmas post and then I will post about Penner's B-day!
No comments:
Post a Comment