Saturday, January 22, 2011

Penner's Birthday Party!

We threw Penn a big party on the 22nd. The Saturday before his birthday. We didn't do it on the 23rd because it fell on a Sunday and Sean always works on Sundays. And I didn't want to compete with the bears game. Our house is too small to have all the people there, and the kitchen is not done yet. So we threw Penner's party in one of the rooms at Bethel Community church.

Here are some pictures of the decorations.

My mom and my sister made the balloon flowers. I thought they turned out great!


This was the play area for the kids. We had fake grass for them to play with, all those balloons. And a kiddy table filled with games and activities.



Homemade Yo Gabba Gabba balloons. Brobee and Foofa.



Uncle Donji and Penner playing at the kids table.








The food. Two side notes here. 1. All of my vertical pictures come onto the blog sideways. I am not sure why it does this, but it is very frustrating! 2. I love Walmart! We got these 6 ft sub sandwiches that feed 25-30 people for a great price. They were very good, and the lunch meat they use has no nitrates or preservatives which is a big deal to us. With the sandwiches we had chips and pasta salad.



Penner loved the flower balloons he kept going after them. Which would have been fine except that when he got to them he kept popping them with his teeth and I did not want him to choke on balloon pieces.



Family photo, yet again sideways. It is right side up on Facebook. This is right before everyone sang to Penn. And Sean is wearing the same shirt he wore the day Penner was born.



Penner thought everyone did such a great job singing to him that he applauded them. He loved the singing part, it was so cute.




Brobee cake. Penner loves Yo Gabba Gabba and Brobee seems to be his favorite character. Well Brobee and DJ Lance. My mom made this cake she wasn't very happy with it, but I thought it was perfect! I found this vegan chocolate cake recipe, and most vegan cakes that I have tried have been really crumbly so I tried this one out before my mom and I decided on it and it was delicious! So I was very excited for a vegan cake that Penn and I could both eat.


Sideways again, argh!





I was so excited to see Penner dig into his cake, but instead he just looked at it for a while. Then started to smoosh it in his hands. And then decided to throw it on the carpeted floor at the church, which took me a while to clean. I don't think he took one bite. But that's ok, because he was teething and getting cold symptoms from teething so all that sugar would not have helped.



Some of the people at the party.




We have been wanting to do a baby dedication for Penner, but we were not really sure where to do it at. So Sean and I agreed that this would be the perfect place in front of our family and closest friends. So we had a time of prayer and dedication for Penner, where the grandpa's and grandma's and whoever else wanted to got to pray over, and for Penner and his life. For all of you who participated, thank you! It was a blessing to Sean, Penn and myself.


Time to open gifts. Penner sitting in the big boy chair.




Penner was so cute when he got this four wheeler. He was very excited.


It was too bad he opened it so early on in the gifts, because after he opened this gift he was not interested in much else.







Opening his trucks. I love all these toys from the B brand at Target. However, I do think it is ridiculous that they say they give 10 cents from every toy to like starving kids around the world. I guess every penny counts, but I think they can do better than 10 cents, especially if they are going to announce on their toys.







Penner's auntie Miriam got him some more balls for his ball pit. The ball pit only came with like 10 balls. But now thanks to auntie Miriam it is full of balls like it is supposed to be.







These toys are the funniest/weirdest little toys. Two months ago when I passed them in the stores I would wonder what is that weird looking thing and now we have two of them. Penner loves them and so do his grandparents. My dad read that if you get more then one they harmonize with each other and decided Penn needed more than one. My parents also got Penn a radio flyer wagon, which is my favorite thing he got. I have been wanting to get him one. It will come in so handy for our trips to the beach in the summer or pool, which I am already planning a lot of.


Here's Penn and his cousin Camden riding around in that wagon I was talking about.



My sister Annah and I were matching, we both wore a Penn state shirt, and she was asking me to take a pic with her all day, but I was always so busy. So finally when everything was all cleaned up and most people were gone we got to take our picture, which is also sideways!


I was trying to put a video of Penner riding around in the red wagon but it is not working :(.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful little boy, and a beautiful family! You guys teach me so much about the Family of God - keep up the great work of being a mom! We're thankful to be on the journey with you. :)

    ReplyDelete