I am sitting on the couch watching Penner sleep on his very first birthday. I am overwhelmed with joy. I can not believe how my life has changed. Penner is the best gift to our lives. Children are a blessing. I have no idea why this is writing in blue and underlining everything. So weird. This is a warning there are a lot of pictures on this post.
This is Penner like 5 min after he was born, giving the cameras dirty looks. Already using his angry eyes. He was born January 23rd 2010 at 6:11 am.
Our first night of parenthood. It seems like that was just yesterday and at the same time feels so far away.
January 23rd-February 23rd 2010. Penner 1 month old.
He only liked his binky for one month and this was part of that month.
His cute little snow suit. He was not happy about wearing it, he was probably hot.

February 23rd -March 23rd 2 months old.

His first time in the whale bath. I remember he just sat there the whole bath with his little fist under his chin.

I loved this outfit I tried to put it on him as much as possible.

March 23rd-April23rd 3 months old. All dressed up for Resurrection Sunday.


It was really nice and warm in April so Penner and I got to go for a nice walk and try out some of his summer clothes.

Trying out his crib and bedroom. We finally got it set up when he was three months old.

Photo shoot with daddy.

April 23rd-May 23rd 4 months old. Close up.

Playing with his monkey at auntie Isa's play.

Playing during the intermission. When he was four months old he was so good and quiet and I brought him with to watch my sister's play. He was very good the whole time. However, the man who let us in to the play was very rude to me. Well Penner didn't make a sound, I am pretty sure all the adults there were louder than he was.

May 23rd-June 23rd 5 months old. Playing on his baby Einstein mat, he used to love playing on this thing.

Photo shoot with mommy.

June 23rd - July 23rd. At six months Penner got overdosed with epinephrine in the ER, but God is in control and he survived with no long term damages. This was the hardest day of my life. I am so glad he is ok. For a little bit of time (the longest few minutes of my life) we didn't know if Penner would make it, but he is here; made it to 1 yr old.


July 23rd-August 23rd 7 months old. I really don't remember it being cold enough for him to wear this hat in August, but maybe I just put it on him for fun. We did have a few scattered chilly days.

I love this little outfit with the football on it. I had him wear it as much as possible, and wanted to save it just in case we had more boys, but he got a huge stain on the front of it. :(

Taking a bath in my mom's kitchen sink. Penner loves water, he loves baths, pools, playing in the sink, he just loves to be in water.

August 23rd-September 23rd 8 months old. I have his initials on the wall, but he pulls them off and throws them on the floor like every night. I need to find a new spot for them, right now they are probably on the floor under his crib.
I thought that I flipped this picture, but I guess not, sorry. He loves to crawl under the table or any small enclosed spaces. He already likes for us to make him forts, it is pretty cute.

Wearing my sunglasses at a pumpkin patch. He thought it was so funny.

September 23rd-October 23rd 9 months old. Sitting nice for mommy.

Getting a little plump, busting out of his pj's.

October 23rd-November 23rd 10 months old. Sitting in a bucket at more nana's house on thanksgiving. He loved sitting in this bucket, especially when Sean picked it up and swung him.
February 23rd -March 23rd 2 months old.
His first time in the whale bath. I remember he just sat there the whole bath with his little fist under his chin.
I loved this outfit I tried to put it on him as much as possible.
March 23rd-April23rd 3 months old. All dressed up for Resurrection Sunday.
It was really nice and warm in April so Penner and I got to go for a nice walk and try out some of his summer clothes.
Trying out his crib and bedroom. We finally got it set up when he was three months old.
Photo shoot with daddy.
April 23rd-May 23rd 4 months old. Close up.
Playing with his monkey at auntie Isa's play.
Playing during the intermission. When he was four months old he was so good and quiet and I brought him with to watch my sister's play. He was very good the whole time. However, the man who let us in to the play was very rude to me. Well Penner didn't make a sound, I am pretty sure all the adults there were louder than he was.
May 23rd-June 23rd 5 months old. Playing on his baby Einstein mat, he used to love playing on this thing.
Photo shoot with mommy.
June 23rd - July 23rd. At six months Penner got overdosed with epinephrine in the ER, but God is in control and he survived with no long term damages. This was the hardest day of my life. I am so glad he is ok. For a little bit of time (the longest few minutes of my life) we didn't know if Penner would make it, but he is here; made it to 1 yr old.
July 23rd-August 23rd 7 months old. I really don't remember it being cold enough for him to wear this hat in August, but maybe I just put it on him for fun. We did have a few scattered chilly days.
I love this little outfit with the football on it. I had him wear it as much as possible, and wanted to save it just in case we had more boys, but he got a huge stain on the front of it. :(
Taking a bath in my mom's kitchen sink. Penner loves water, he loves baths, pools, playing in the sink, he just loves to be in water.
August 23rd-September 23rd 8 months old. I have his initials on the wall, but he pulls them off and throws them on the floor like every night. I need to find a new spot for them, right now they are probably on the floor under his crib.
Wearing my sunglasses at a pumpkin patch. He thought it was so funny.
September 23rd-October 23rd 9 months old. Sitting nice for mommy.
Getting a little plump, busting out of his pj's.
October 23rd-November 23rd 10 months old. Sitting in a bucket at more nana's house on thanksgiving. He loved sitting in this bucket, especially when Sean picked it up and swung him.
Rachel thank you for documenting in details the first 12 months our son's life. You did a great job. I love you so much and I am so greatful for a wonderful family!
ReplyDelete