Eden Grace Durbin has finally arrived. A fashionably 10 days late, she was born on October 3rd, 2012 at 3:46 PM. She was 7 lb 12 oz and 21 inches long. She is perfect! And we are already in love. I have been waiting and waiting for her to come, like I said, she was 10 days late. I had to keep going in to have non-stress tests and fluid checks. At every check-up my blood pressure was borderline high (I usually have low blood pressure). They never diagnosed me with high blood pressure, but I could tell they were worried about it. At my appointment on Tuesday I was given the option to induce as soon as possible or wait until Friday to induce. I found out that one of my favorite midwives was going to be there on Wednesday so I chose to be induced as soon as possible. I am all about natural labor, but I did not think that she was going to come before Friday so I went with Wednesday.
I was not excited about getting induced with pitocin, actually I was quite terrified! With good reason, pitocin sucks! If you ever need to be induced with pitocin, just have the anesthesiologist and epidural waiting near by. I was scheduled to be induced at 8:30 AM, I got into the room at around 9 AM and they started the pitocin at 9:45 AM. For three hours I sat and waited for the contraction to get painful, at this point I really wasn't feeling anything. At 12:45 PM they broke my water, and that is when it all started! So much pain, the contractions were very painful and came about every two minutes. After about an hour of torture, I asked the midwife to see if I had progressed at all, I had gone from 3 cm to 6 cm in 1 hour! At this point I also asked for an epidural. It took 40 minutes to get the epidural, 40 long, horrible minutes of sitting as still as possible. I only had three more painful contractions and then from that point on I could only feel pressure. After I got the epidural the baby's heart rate dropped and about 15 doctors ran into the room. My nurses were very calm and said not to worry, that it was probably just time to push. They were right, in the time I got the epidural I had gone from 6 cm to 10 cm! I waited for Eden to have some time to recover from her heart rate dropping and then I pushed her out in like 5 pushes!
It seems like she was a piece of cake, only 6 hours of labor of which only 2 were painful. But those two hours of pain were worse than any two hours out of Penner's labor. The pitocin is very painful and my body had no way of coping with the pain. With Penn I was in pain, but somehow my body masked it, with Eden all I felt was pain. Eden was born at 3:46 PM and she was and is worth every second of labor. I am so thrilled to finally have her with us! She is a beautiful gift from God and we are so grateful for her.
Penner meeting his baby sister for the first time.
These pictures were taken on the day we went home.
These pictures were taken by a photographer that was hired by the hospital, isn't she beautiful!
I made that headband.
Sorry I put a lot of these in but I could not resist.










She is sooo cute. I love her already!
ReplyDelete