Thursday, October 25, 2012

Curious George!

Today we went to see Curious George at the mall! We were at the mall a few days ago to get my ring cleaned and we saw that PBS and Curious George were going to be there. We went today and it was super crowded. I am surprised and impressed with myself that I only scolded one person! These parents are worse behaved then there kids!!! I am glad I had Eden in her Moby wrap, nice and close to me. If anyone would have bumped in to her as much as they were bumping in to me there would have been a problem. 

I understand that when things are crowded, you get bumped every once in a while. But I had an adult women, one of the moms, sit literally on top of my leg! Then she said sorry and sat a little further back, but was still so close to me that she was touching my back the entire time. There was space around me, there was no need for her to be that close! We stayed in the back purposefully to have more space. Then there was a little girl who stood the entire time and Penner could not see anything! Her dad was right there and everyone else was sitting, but he thought it was fine for her to stand for some unknown reason


I  was a very proud mom today. Penner was very well behaved. He is a good boy, but it was more clear how good he is when we were surrounded by bratty kids and there parents who were even worse. There was a long line to get a picture with Curious George and while the other kids were running wild, he obeyed me when I told him we were waiting in line and he needed to stay seated in his stroller. I don't mind that the kids were running and playing, but when there is no parental supervision even though all their parents are there, it becomes chaos and the kids were running into Penn and bumping his stroller constantly. I still kept my cool. 

However, when we were all standing in line, I found it necessary to scold a grown woman, who was there with her grandchildren. We were standing in a very long line waiting to take a picture with Curious George. This women was standing right behind us with her grandchildren. For the entire line this lady was so close to me, she was touching me, yet again another woman touching me. Invading personal space is one thing, but when you are so close to me in line you are touching me, that's just unacceptable. Every time I would step away to try to get some space between us, she would step closer so that she was right on me again! The last straw was when I went to the front of Penner's stroller to give him a snack and then looked up and she was standing right behind his stroller, in my spot as if she was his mom. This was just too much, I sternly told her to give me some space and she finally backed off a little bit. Standing that close to me was not going to get her to Curious George any sooner!!

This is a picture of the kids before we left, the pictures are out of order. 




Finally, we got our picture with Curious George and got out of there. If I ever do anything like this again, I will go to a classier mall, that will hopefully have parents who hold their kids and themselves to some standards.


Here is Eden in the moby wrap, nice and close and safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment