Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Surprise!!!!!!!

So on Monday, Sean surprised me with a date day. He had been communicating with my work and got me off on Monday the 18th! I didn't know anything about it. In fact when I was leaving work on Friday I checked the schedule for Monday and I was on it! So when he told me I was off for the day I was completely shocked!

Sean had the whole day planned out and he would not tell me where we were going. The first stop was to a little breakfast place named Flying Saucer. They had vegan pancakes that were very yummy! I ordered the short stack which was more than enough, I literally had half leftover for later. I also ordered a side of bacon and the server looked at me like I was a little crazy. Then I realized that it is kinda weird to order vegan pancakes with meat on the side. I still like meat, just can't have eggs or dairy. Flying Saucer is this really cute little spot near humble park. The food was very good and organic with a lot of vegan options which made me very happy.

Sean then took me to get a massage. Another wonderful surprise. He got one as well it was a special that was going on. He said his massage was nice and relaxing, whereas mine was very painful, but I will take an hour of pain to have no pain at all this week. I am usually in pain everyday and since the massage I have not had pain, hopefully this lasts a while.

Then we went back home to pack because Sean was taking me to a hotel for the night. He knew that it would hurt my feeling too much to not have Penner there, so he assured me we would pick Penn up after dinner. So we went home, packed, and left for the hotel. We got to work out alone, just Sean and me at the hotel work out room which was very fancy. We raced a 5K together on the elliptical, Sean only beat me by like 20 sec, which was a bummer because I had the lead for a while. Then we did weights and worked out with the medicine ball.

The next stop on Sean's list, dinner. He took me to Gibson's Steakhouse! Here is a picture of our meal.


We shared a steak, because it was huge. And we got sauteed spinach and mushrooms, which was very good. And french fries, we can't eat the mashed potatoes or double baked potato because of the dairy. Our server only gave us a half order of the fries instead of a full order because he wanted us to save room for a dessert, however, we can't eat the desserts either. So he just ended up saving us money in the end which was nice.


Cleaned our plates!
Chowing down on his steak. Sean is not going to be happy that I put this picture up.




I made us take a picture in front of the sign. Sean was embarrassed I don't know why, the only people there were the valet guys.






Then after we had dinner we got to go pick up Penner!!!! Sean planned out the perfect day. I would not want to spend a whole day without Penner because I already have to leave him for work. So Sean planned the whole date day within my work schedule. But instead of work I got to spend the day with my best friend!


Once we brought Penner back to the hotel he was so excited to be somewhere new. But the excitement was short lived when he realized he could not run around the hotel hallways. He wanted to have constant entertainment and stimulation and Sean and I just wanted to rest. But we played in our room and walked around the lobby for a while until Penn got more tired.


I am so grateful for Sean. It was so nice to spend the whole day alone with Sean and just get to be friends all day long. Not have to worry about doing parent things but just hang out like we used to. It has definitely been a long time since we spent time alone like that and it was much needed. I have a wonderful husband. I didn't think he could ever pull something like this off. He is not very good at surprises, if a gift that he orders comes early he gives it to me right away because he just can't wait until my birthday or Christmas. He usually says I have a surprise, and then I can drag whatever it is out of him. But this was a complete shock!


The king sleeping on the king mattress.
And sitting in the king's chair.
The next day we went to bleeding heart bakery which is a vegan bakery and got some treats! We were only there for a little bit because Penner kept picking up those chairs he was sitting on and flipping them over. And then trying to walk into the back where they bake everything. And then he kept going up to other people there and talking to them, which I always think is cute, but these people did not seem to appreciate his cuteness.



Mmmmm...... Thank God for soy lattes and vegan cupcakes!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Didn't know you guys made it to Bleeding Hearts on your special day. That place is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete