Thursday, November 25, 2010

Friend's Thanksgiving

On Wednesday Sean and I hosted a friends thanksgiving. It was a lot of fun, but also a lot of work. We borrowed a 8 ft. table and we all fit quite nicely around it. It was a potluck dinner which was nice except for the fact that Penner and I can not eat anything with dairy or egg, so I made all my own sides in addition to the others. I made this centerpiece, I thought it was pretty nice. I am not very Martha Stewartish (that's right I verbed her name),but I was proud of how pretty it looked. Penner and I checking out all the food. mmmm.....looks delicious.
The spread. I made my first turkey! But I was bummed because I didn't get to take a picture of it before it was carved. Kurt made his famous stuffing, it was very good. Andrew made a whiskey sauce, apple sweet potatoes, they looked very good, but I could not eat those. I made the other sweet potatoes with the marshmallows so that I could eat some sweet potatoes. Audrey made mashed potatoes, again I made some that I could eat, I also made roasted potatoes, I thought they were good but with all the other choices of potatoes no one ate those. Grace made bread and jello and a dessert (I also forgot to take pictures of the desserts). I made the corn, although the canned cranberry sauce is my favorite and so yummy, I decided to make a homemade cranberry sauce as well, which I thought was good, and it was super easy to make. Kurt and I made the gravy together, don't know how that turned out, another thing I couldn't eat. All together we had way too much food but a very yummy dinner.

Almost all of us sitting down to dinner. Sean is taking the picture.


Praying for the meal. Sean is in this one.
It was wonderful. We had a time of sharing how God has been working in our lives and every
one shared and prayed for each other. It was a really special time. I am so amazed at how God has blessed us. I have a wonderful husband and son, a beautiful house. And great friends who love the Lord. I am mostly grateful that I am a child of a loving God. I don't deserve it but He accepts me as His own. Having a child I understand a little bit more how amazing it is that God loves me as a child. And that he accepts me as I am.


1 comment:

  1. We had Thanksgiving with another little girl with a peanut allergy so we had a peanut-free Thanksgiving. Cranberry sauce right from the can is my favorite too :) Wish we could have celebrated with you guys! PS All the pictures of Penner are the back of his head!

    ReplyDelete