Friday, September 10, 2010

Growing up fast!

So Penner got his first tooth!!!! It is the bottom front tooth on the right. Now when he tries to chew on my finger it is painful, and I don't think he understands why I don't let him. It is hard to see but I will try to get a picture of it.

He is also pulling himself up to standing now. It seems like he wants to walk before he crawls. When he crawls it looks like he is doing the "worm" because he gets up on all fours then pushes himself foward as he goes back down on his belly, it is pretty funny. But now he is standing and when he pulls himself up he get's so excited and proud of himself that he starts to jump, not realizing that his balance is not so great. I have caught him most of the time, but he has bumped his head a few times now.

The other night I woke up to Penner going "ohhh" over and over again, when I walked into his room, he was standing in his crib, not crying like he usually does when he wakes up in the middle of the night, but rather talking to himself because he was so proud of standing. It was very cute, but now I have to watch him like a hawk because he likes to stand, but doesn't realize he can fall.

I can't believe how fast he is growing up. Part of me wants these next couple of months to go by quickly because my sister Elizabeth comes home on November 15th. But another part of me just wants the world to slow down so that I can enjoy and remember every moment of Penner's 1st year. It is crazy that there is so much I already forgot, and I just want to hold on to every new and cute thing that happens, I want to remember vividly every new stage and accomplishment. But I am learning that this is just not possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment